Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Resume Star Wars
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 16:02 by LegendaryExGamer

» We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2014, 08:28 by Xeen

» NPC Allies of Star Wars Executor
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2014, 13:37 by LegendaryExGamer

» Dark Trooper Repair Droid version 1
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyOctober 21st 2014, 14:04 by Xeen

» Vaul Ferros, Ronin
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 04:05 by Disco_Lemonade

» Star Wars Executor
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2014, 17:12 by LegendaryExGamer

» Star Wars Executor
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 17:21 by LegendaryExGamer

» Clan Campaign
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyAugust 14th 2014, 20:44 by Xeen

» The Battle of KDY and Centerpoint Station (pirates game)
Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 EmptyJuly 28th 2014, 16:53 by LegendaryExGamer

Navigation

5 posters

Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign:

Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign:

Post  Xeen April 29th 2014, 09:39

We can, I was hoping to start the every other week thing on the 17th. It is the weekends I will not have Emily. The 24th I will have her, and would not be able to play till 6:30 ish and of course will have to be done by 10. Not much play time there. I can do the 10th but again it wont be till 6:30.

It is possible that I may go to Indy after I drop Emily off on the 24th. Also, Justin is going to the Indy 500 so I doubt he will be available the 24th.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign: - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars - Pirate Fleet Campaign:

Post  Guardian May 27th 2014, 17:45

I may or may not be available for a game this weekend if it's still be considered. My mom is in the hospital and I don't know whether I'll be around or in Tennessee. I havent seen/heard from anyone about the game in about a month now so not sure if its just a timing issue or a motivation issue.

Thanks guys - Ryan
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 28th 2014, 00:37

Its a timing issue. We intended to play the 17th but you and Chris could not make it. Last weekend both Justin and I were out of town.

Justin was supposed to send out a text today for this weekend. We intend to play.

I hope things are going better for your mom.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian May 28th 2014, 11:25

Thanks Todd. If things weren't complicated enough, my father in law had a minor heart ache - went to the ER and while at the hospital, had a 2nd heartache, and went into emergency surgery. I hope things calm down by the weekend, but just letting you know that right now life is a scramble...
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 28th 2014, 14:28

Damn... I hope all gets better...

Life first bud
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 9th 2014, 07:49

-Medical Science, Healing and Disease Management
    -Propulsion Systems
    -The Force
    -Longevity and Personal Genetics
    -Advanced Civilian Engineering
    -Terraforming
    -Advanced Artificial Life
    -Starship Design
    -Intellectual Pursuits and the Arts
    -Fitness
    -Managing Vices
    -Mechanical Aptitude
    -Reflex Tech

What did you chose?
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian June 9th 2014, 09:40

Xeen wrote:-Medical Science, Healing and Disease Management
    -Propulsion Systems
    -The Force
    -Longevity and Personal Genetics
    -Advanced Civilian Engineering
    -Terraforming
    -Advanced Artificial Life
    -Starship Design
    -Intellectual Pursuits and the Arts
    -Fitness
    -Managing Vices
    -Mechanical Aptitude
    -Reflex Tech

What did you chose?

The force (as you saw in the email) - What did you and Chris pick?
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 9th 2014, 09:56

I am going for starship design for my Admiral. Since I have a second character (made up to help Chris' character get going) I talked Justin into letting me pick something with him, which is Propulsion.

Chris is taking Reflex tech.

Yeah, saw it in the email, just figured Id get some discussion going.

What are you going for power wise?

I am going to take the half gutted SSD and fit some of the new tech on it as a test bed, Crew it with droids, and see what kind of damage it can do against some Imperials.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian June 9th 2014, 10:43

I haven't picked powers. I already have enhanced coordination, so thinking I'll stay away from battle meditation in favor of some more rare powers since it seems they have access to all powers. Looking for some recommendations from you and Justin on what to take as I don't normally play a jedi, so I don't know 1/2 the "normal" powers, much less the rare/cool ones. Get 6, so need to make them count - thoughts?

Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 9th 2014, 10:59

Lets see how Justin responds to these

Blaster Combat
    Teleportation
    Illusion
    Telepathy (since projective and reeceptive telepathy kinda suck)
    Doppleganger
    Transfer Life

Honestly though, think of anything you would like to do and make it a power.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian June 9th 2014, 16:12

Xeen wrote:Lets see how Justin responds to these

Blaster Combat
    Teleportation
    Illusion
    Telepathy (since projective and receptive telepathy kinda suck)
    Doppelganger
    Transfer Life

I assumed Telepathy was a pretty common power that would be a waste to select as its one that could be figured out/bought thru normal means, unless their version is going to be all encompassing IE communication, mind control/read etc. (Speaking of, we really need to "train" each other since Justin is allowing that).

Ideas I would have would be something like:

- If transfer life is like the essence transfer or whatever (die, re-inhabit a new body), that would be fun Smile Course, I'd have to clone myself a few times and setup some safe houses... not all of us have a Byss to hide behind.
    - Teleportation is a great option, as is invisibility, & etherealize
    - Advanced kinetics (Super Telekinesis with something  like the bad guy if Xmen/First Class (Kevin Bacon) had to redirect/store/release energy)
    - Alter Energy: Something like create field that energy flows around - either a bubble or self (IE area/bubble or bends around clothing and keeps going) or a wall blocking/redirecting energy etc.
    - Mecha-Merger  something like doppelganger, but instead of creating a force construct of yourself, you create a spirit which can inhabit a ship, droid, vehicle etc. with the ability to repair, control etc the tech like it was your body, and you can sense where your spirit is, and see thru it's eyes, recall it to capture its experience(s) etc.

Thanks for the good suggestions though.  Not sure what Justin had in mind or how limited or limitless this other galaxies versions of powers are...

Site note: When did you get an SSD?  One of your side missions? grats either way... I really do need to work with Justin and step up my fleet.  We have 2 super weapons now (your World Devastator, and Chris' super-rail gun), so I need to step up my creativity & motivation to get things going between games to keep my assets are par and able to contribute.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 9th 2014, 16:26

Mac brought the SSD, but it will not have a hyperdrive or engines... That is what the Celestials want to move the sphere. I was actually planning to just tear it down and build other things with it. Until we needed a test platform lol.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian June 9th 2014, 16:39

Xeen wrote:Mac brought the SSD, but it will not have a hyperdrive or engines... That is what the Celestials want to move the sphere. I was actually planning to just tear it down and build other things with it. Until we needed a test platform lol.

Where and why do they want it moved? (do we even know) They want to be able to move it as they want or are we moving it to a static location out of the way? Might be able to recover the engines & SSD stuff if its going to a static place.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 9th 2014, 17:02

That is their price for us being able to enter it. They want to move it... somewhere safe, that no one will be able to access it
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian June 9th 2014, 17:15

Thats a shame... assuming I didn't get myself killed, I was hoping for my character to retire there... won't be an option if we don't know where it is.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian June 10th 2014, 09:51

Xeen wrote:Mac brought the SSD, but it will not have a hyperdrive or engines... That is what the Celestials want to move the sphere. I was actually planning to just tear it down and build other things with it. Until we needed a test platform lol.

Test Platform? FYI - if we end up w/ a husk of it, let me know... It would be an interesting test to inject a super w/ my self clone/sentient nano's and see what they do to something so massive... they could rebuild it to a working ship, or turn it into a replication colony - who knows...
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer June 10th 2014, 10:12

Guardian wrote:
    Xeen wrote:Lets see how Justin responds to these

Blaster Combat - They really don't offer combat classes, though you can pickup martial prowess via sparring and generally only lightsabers are allowed. Personal armaments are forbidden to you guys beyond the focal object of a Jedi.
    Teleportation - Sure, its essentially the basis for their Space Fold Technology
    Illusion - Not that you can't learn this, but they have no need for illusion. The followers of the "Current" are the ones you want for this. Celestials they teach illusion to actors, entertainers and circus midgets.
    Telepathy (since projective and receptive telepathy kinda suck) - I will give you projective and receptive telepathy for free, I am thinking of making receptive telepathy a base (inherent) Jedi power anyway. Pure telepathy is more of an advanced / evolved species trait. Receptive telepathy is likely one of the most powerful passive abilities in the game, especially in a roleplaying / dialogue / negotiation scenario.
    Doppelganger (Transformation) - Shape Shifting... Sure, its a hardcore Darkside power, you are genetically reordering your natural self.
    Transfer Life - Darkside all the way, sure

I assumed Telepathy was a pretty common power that would be a waste to select as its one that could be figured out/bought thru normal means, unless their version is going to be all encompassing IE communication, mind control/read etc. (Speaking of, we really need to "train" each other since Justin is allowing that).

Ideas I would have would be something like:

- If transfer life is like the essence transfer or whatever (die, re-inhabit a new body), that would be fun Smile Course, I'd have to clone myself a few times and setup some safe houses... not all of us have a Byss to hide behind.
    - Teleportation is a great option, as is invisibility, & etherealize
    - Advanced kinetics (Super Telekinesis with something  like the bad guy if Xmen/First Class (Kevin Bacon) had to redirect/store/release energy)
    - Alter Energy: Something like create field that energy flows around - either a bubble or self (IE area/bubble or bends around clothing and keeps going) or a wall blocking/redirecting energy etc.
    - Mecha-Merger  something like doppelganger, but instead of creating a force construct of yourself, you create a spirit which can inhabit a ship, droid, vehicle etc. with the ability to repair, control etc the tech like it was your body, and you can sense where your spirit is, and see thru it's eyes, recall it to capture its experience(s) etc.

Thanks for the good suggestions though.  Not sure what Justin had in mind or how limited or limitless this other galaxies versions of powers are...

Site note: When did you get an SSD?  One of your side missions? grats either way... I really do need to work with Justin and step up my fleet.  We have 2 super weapons now (your World Devastator, and Chris' super-rail gun), so I need to step up my creativity & motivation to get things going between games to keep my assets are par and able to contribute.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer June 10th 2014, 10:19

Guardian wrote:Thats a shame... assuming I didn't get myself killed, I was hoping for my character to retire there...  won't be an option if we don't know where it is.

It's going to Crawl out of the galaxy at Class 5 or so, and just sit in hyperspace For Something like a couple months, then Fold, and keep doing that until it finds a suitable system taking up to 10-100 years. Drop out, rinse and repeat with covering the Sphere with mass and attempt to remain forgotten or they might attempt to re-seed the galaxy somewhere far, far away. Being discovered as they have been, well, is sobering to say the least. And by a somewhat advanced primitive species no less.

Finding it again is not an issue, Folding to the Sphere is something you could do with the Force Ability you asked about. You guys are pretty much forever altered, and there is the option to remain there and give up your current lives. They see value in each of you as possible members of their society.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 10th 2014, 10:22

Blaster Combat - They really don't offer combat classes, though you can pickup martial prowess via sparring and generally only lightsabers are allowed.  Personal armaments are forbidden to you guys beyond the focal object of a Jedi.  
    Teleportation - Sure, its essentially the basis for their Space Fold Technology
    Illusion - Not that you can't learn this, but they have no need for illusion.  The followers of the "Current" are the ones you want for this.  Celestials they teach illusion to actors, entertainers and circus midgets.  
    Telepathy (since projective and receptive telepathy kinda suck) - I will give you projective and receptive telepathy for free, I am thinking of making receptive telepathy a base (inherent) Jedi power anyway.  Pure telepathy is more of an advanced / evolved species trait.  Receptive telepathy is likely one of the most powerful passive abilities in the game, especially in a roleplaying / dialogue / negotiation scenario.    
    Doppelganger (Transformation) - Shape Shifting...  Sure, its a hardcore Darkside power, you are genetically reordering your natural self.  
    Transfer Life - Darkside all the way, sure

Easier to read.

If projective and receptive telepathy do the same as full blown telepathy, cool. If not, that is a power no one ever really has.

Doppelganger - Maybe your thinking of a different power, but it actually makes a copy of yourself that is not as good.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 10th 2014, 10:27

Guardian wrote:

Test Platform?  FYI - if we end up w/ a husk of it, let me know... It would be an interesting test to inject a super w/ my self clone/sentient nano's and see what they do to something so massive...  they could rebuild it to a working ship, or turn it into a replication colony - who knows...

LOL, Keep those damn things on your ship HAHA.

Yes, we need to test out our new tech when we come out of the sphere. I am planning to do the trial run on the SSD since it will be parted out otherwise. (SSD's are nice, but they are really a poor design)
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 10th 2014, 10:46

I am also going to contact (through my Hapan ships) every single ship producer in the galaxy (well the big ones) and put in an order for every single ship they have for sale. I will send droids for pickup. I do mean every single ship, that does not have a stupid price tag on it. (for instance Tapani ships)

Cap Ships
    Fighters
    Freighters

Starve out the market to jack the prices up. It will give us easy access to ships, and food for the machine.

How much? LOL

Well, maybe I shouldnt go for all the freighters. Cap ships and fighters.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian June 10th 2014, 11:09

Xeen wrote:

LOL, Keep those damn things on your ship HAHA.

Yes, we need to test out our new tech when we come out of the sphere. I am planning to do the trial run on the SSD since it will be parted out otherwise. (SSD's are nice, but they are really a poor design)

Gotcha - understood.  They are a poor design (for their size, they should be near unstoppable), hence my thought about nano-ing it, but since you do need a test platform for your newly acquired knowledge, it makes sense.  Glad you didn't take Force... I can teach you whatever they taught me (to a lesser degree I'm sure) so if there is a specific power(s) that you think would be core let me know.

I tried a testbed of the mass order thing right after we got the cash (not to all but to the big 4) and 2 of them ignored me (KDY & Sienar).  I'm sure there are 100's of trillions (if not quadrillions) of Capital & combat fighters out there, but let me know if you want me to contribute to buying some up (assuming it works better for you than it did for me).  I tried it w/ just weapon systems to see who would talk to me.  
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 10th 2014, 11:42

I tried with them prior as well. The initial problem was because it is me... But I will try through the Hapans and see if I get different results. The other thing is, right now there is a lot of chaos, so there is a better chance of success.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian June 10th 2014, 11:56

Xeen wrote:I tried with them prior as well. The initial problem was because it is me... But I will try through the Hapans and see if I get different results. The other thing is, right now there is a lot of chaos, so there is a better chance of success.

FYI - I'm focusing my resources on finding the lost Katana fleet (assuming Thrawn hasn't found it). 178 slave rigged dreadnaughts would assist in growing the fleet...
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 10th 2014, 12:02

Thats an idea. That many dreadnaughts would be a problem for anyone to deal with.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 23:12